Dr. Kate Truitt & Associates
A Psychological Corporation
It's time to Live Your Excellence
Free COVID-19 and Health Anxiety Online Support Group
Remaining calm and connected during this time of uncertainty can be challenging. While the flood of information has focused on maintaining our physical hygiene, it is equally important to attend to our mental wellness. As science has proven, our mind and body are closely linked as our immune functioning can improve or decline with our level of stress.
Join Dr. Megan Mansfield and Rebecca Turner, LMFT for a free weekly 50-minute web-based support group. This group will provide a nonjudgmental space for processing concerns and frustrations, and will create social connection despite social distancing. We will also teach group member’s innovative stress-reducing and immune-boosting techniques that are based in neuroscience, and help member’s to create personalized wellness plans for healthy living during stressful times.
- Registration Closes the Tuesday before each meeting at 6pm.
- 50-minutes on Wednesday 12:30-1:20pm
- California residence only
- Members must be 18 years or older
- Group is limited to 15 people - first come/first serve
- This is a community support group and does not take the place of psychotherapy
“We are like islands in the sea, separate on the surface but connected in the deep.”
― William James
“For our physiology to calm down, heal and grow, we need a visceral feeling of safety.”
– Bessel van der Kolk
“Invisible threads are the strongest ties.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
- Members may discuss their own feelings and experiences with others outside of the group. However, they may not disclose what others have shared or any identifying information.
- All groups will begin and end on time, and we ask that all members be prompt as well.
- Group access will close 5 minutes after our start time.
- All members are attending the group with different concerns. Group members will respect each other and communicate with non-judgment.
- This group is supportive in nature therefore divisive topics (eg. politics) will not be discussed.
- To create a respectful environment, we will have one speaker at a time.
― E.M. Forster, Howards End
"human beings need three basic things in order to be content: they need to feel competent at what they do; they need to feel authentic in their lives; and they need to feel connected to others."
- Sebastian Junger